Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan's Chandigarh
Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan Chandigarh Kendra was founded on 17 July 1983.At present the number of institutions under the management of the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan has reached a figure of 373 spread over 123 Kendras in the country.
Bhavan as an educational organisation is dedicated to creating awareness about India’s rich cultural heritage, unity of all faiths, and common spiritual truth given to the world community by sages and seers of our great country. It is an organisation with a national character and an international outlook. Bhavan works to shape young people into global citizens, and make their name as proud Indians all over the world. The school is counted among the top-rated schools in Chandigarh with an excellent academic track record. It has achieved a 42nd rank in India and its academic reputation has been ranked as 4th. It is an organisation with a national character and an international outlook.
It believes in and strives for holistic development of the children to overcome their individual obstacles and looks beyond the academic curriculum.
Bhavan Vidyalaya Chandigarh Branches
As of now, the school has 2 different wings i.e. Junior Wing and Senior Wing. The Senior wing comprising classes 6th to 12th is located in Sector 27 B and the Junior wing constituting nursery to 5th standard, is located in Sector 33 D. Both the wings focus on robust teaching practices to get the best out of the young citizens.
Bhavan Vidyalaya Chandigarh has unveiled its new branch at New Chandigarh. This new campus at New Chandigarh will be third under the umbrella of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Chandigarh Kendra. This campus shall be fully functional from the 2022- 2023 academic year.
Awards & Recognitions:Awards
- The school has been ranked first in the country in Academic Reputation in the 2020-21 School Rankings by Education World. The school has also been ranked as Chandigarh’s 2nd Best School across categories and the 2nd best co-educational school in the Tricity.
- In a survey conducted by ScooNews India, the school has been declared the top-performing school in Chandigarh and sixth in the country. This was driven by Bhavan’s average aggregate of 93.54% in class XII and median score of 91.6% in Class X in 2019-20.
- The school won the prestigious CCPCR award given by Chandigarh Commission for Protection of Child Rights for its exemplary practices in empowering children with special needs.
- Bhavan Chandigarh has consistently pursued its goal of being a centre of excellence in the realm of academics and, as is evident from the Class XII board results year after year.
- The students of Bhavan Vidyalaya Chandigarh proved their exceptional mettle with their astounding scores in the Class X and XII (2020-2021) CBSE board exams.Continuing with the legacy of setting benchmarks, the students performed exceptionally well in class 12 board exams with 85.33% of students scoring above 90%.
- The top six scorers of State Level National Talent Search Examination (Stage-1) 2020-21 are from Bhavan Vidyalaya, Chandigarh and have done the school proud with their stupendous performance.
Along with academic excellence, the school lays equal significance on the co-curricular and extra-curricular activities at all levels and for all age groups-fulfilling its objectives of holistic development of each and every child. Experiential learning through projects like international level BVCMUN conferences and Ascension-Students’ Joint Stock Company, after-school programmes like Clubs and sports coaching, social empowerment programmes like Special Wing for differently-abled children and literacy programmes for the underprivileged children, International immersion programmes through foreign exchange of students and teachers, and trips abroad, extensive value education programmes through School Cinema and Interact Club-all this and much more stand testimony to Bhavan’s broad based and holistic vision.