Special Cell - Bhavan’s Wing for the Intellectually Challenged
“I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do something I can do”
A special wing for the intellectually challenged children has been operational at the school since 1986. Bhavan’s pet project, this special wing aims at imparting education to empower children with mental disabilities. The wing has 57 students under the care of Special Educators who are epitomes of commitment, infinite love and patience. These students are trained with utmost care and attention by the team that includes a speech therapist and a physical fitness trainer too. Trained in music, dance, computers, and pre- vocational and vocational training, these children also explore nature and the outdoors when they go on trips and excursions. Festivals and celebrations are celebrated with gusto at this wing and students partake in annual functions, and every day activities.
An extensive sports and games programme is the highpoint of this programme. Bhavan boasts of top performances in Special Olympics Bharat and we take great pride in these talented youngsters, who have been making their mark in the State, National and International Special Olympics. The following students made their mark
- Hardik Pahwa & Hardik Aggarwal participated in the World Games held in 2019 at Abu Dhabi.
- Hardik Pahwa won a Silver Medal in Basket ball.
- Hardik Aggarwal won one Silver and two Bronze Medals in Skating.
- Commendation from Chandigarh Administration for Hardik Pahwa and Hardik Aggarwal on 15 th August 2021.
- Students participated in Cycling Event and won two Gold, four Silver, three Bronze and various other positions.
- Hardik Pahwa won a Gold, Hemant Bajaj won Silver and Divyajeet won a bronze medal in the Table Tennis Meet held on 8 th September at SOREM.