International Exchange Programmes
Exchanges are bridges that enhance mutual understanding and friendship between people of the world. – Hu Jintao
In our endeavour to nurture our students as truly global citizens, Bhavan regularly partakes in international student exchange programmes, and organizes overseas trips for its students and staff. These programmes are intended to increase our young students' understanding and tolerance of other cultures, as well as improving their language skills and broadening their social horizons.
Student/Teacher Exchange programmes
- Ms. Inderpreet Kaur, PGT English was selected to participate in the Fulbright Teacher Exchange Programme during which she went to Burlington-Edison High School, Washington. Her US counterpart, Ms. Jennifer Bradbury was with us for four months.
- Ms. Namrta Khera, our French teacher, went on a two weeks trip to Tours, France. The fully paid trip was sponsored by the French embassy and Ms.Khera was one of the few teachers selected from all over the country.
- Ms. Neera Puri, PGT English, was one of the 14 teachers and counselors selected from over the country for 15 days all-paid trip to the US, during which she traveled from one coast to the other, California to New York, visiting 14 universities. The exposure trip was to apprise Indian teachers and students of the educational opportunities available in US Universities for international students.
- Meenal Gakhar, a superior diploma holder in French, was one of the eight students selected from all over the country for a 12 day trip to France.
- 11 students accompanied by the Principal and Vice-Principal went on 6 day trip to Singapore for a Student Exchange Programme, organized by the Education Department of Chandigarh.
- The students and teachers from Yishun Senior Secondary School Singapore came to our school for two tours as ambassadors of goodwill and friendship under an International Exchange Programme. These visits were organized as a part of the ongoing Inter-Cultural and Educational Immersion Programme organized by the Education Dept. Chandigarh.
- Flora Josephine Schnelle from Germany was with us for 8 Months under the Students’ Exchange Programmes initiated by the Youth for Understanding, an International Organisation engaged in promoting educational and cultural immersion programmes among different countries.
- Ishita Lakhanpal, a class XII student was selected for the Japanese Government short-term Scholarship and visited Japan.
- Varnika Sharma, a student of Class XI commerce was selected by the Rotary Club Chandigarh for a four weeks Exchange Programmes to Germany.
- Four student Interactors from the Webb School Tennessee USA - Lizze, Helen, Ceci, and Rachael visited our school as a part of a Foreign Exchange Programmes. These students stayed with us from 17th January to 22nd January during which two of our school students, Sophia and Tamanna played host to them. During their stay these students visited the school, to help them understand the working of the Indian Education System.
- As a part of a student exchange programmes, initiated by the Rotary Club Chandigarh, two of our school’s class XII students – Irama and Ambika Agnihotri, visited the Webb School of Knoxville, USA.
- Seven of our students from classes VI to X and our Music teacher Mrs. Purabi Barua had the honour of being a part of the celebrations of the 12th Annual Holi Mahotsav hosted by Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan, Australia at Darling Harbour. A large number of people from the Indian and other diverse communities of New South Wales participated in this grand festival of vibrant colors, friendship, and harmony, heralding the arrival of spring.
- A delegation of 7 students and 2 Educators from the Webb School, Knoxville USA visited our school as a part of a Student Exchange Programmes initiated by Rotary Club from 11th Feb. to 15th Feb. 2019. The students and teachers of the school played host to this group. The students and the escorting teachers were taken around the school and got an opportunity to observe the teaching techniques and interact with the students in the classrooms. A special Basketball match was organized between the students from Webb School and Bhavanites. During their stay in Chandigarh the visitors were taken around to the places of tourist interest and gained a first-hand experience of Indian culture and tradition.
- The second phase of the Student Exchange Programmes was marked by our students’ visit to Webb School, Knoxville, USA. Our delegation included a team of seven students and one teacher chaperone, who visited the host school and their families between the 28th and 5th of October 2019.
The host students engaged our students with a series of well-organized and eventful days, that gave them a myriad of opportunities to see and learn. Each student member was hosted by a disarming and affable family, both of Indian and American origin. During this programme,the students gained a true experience of American culture, traditions, and natural beauty at their extravagant best.